Changelog Version 1.16.x
- Version 1.16.11
- memory allocation bug could create corrupted low overhead AVI files (oops)
- Version 1.16.10
- added low overhead mode for AVI output
Warning: This mode
is compatible with Microsoft's AVI splitter, but not compatible with the integrated AVI splitter in MPC 18.104.22.168
- fixed: couldn't use MKV source files with large gaps in an audio stream
- Version 1.16.9
- can mux the video stream of MKV files to an AVI file (MKV-audio is not yet possible)
- can resolve Vorbis laces now (i.e. can rebuild the original timestamp of each Vorbis frame in a laced block)
- element order randomization to track down lazy coders of matroska demuxers
- can read VobSub subtitles from Matroska files (uncompressed and zlib compressed)
- fixed problems with special characters in file names
- added support for multiple chapter strings in the chapter editor
- fixed: wrote bad forward references if the value was larger than 127 (i.e. mpeg1/2 video streams were destroyed)
- fixed: wrote an empty cluster at the beginning of MKA files if a delay larger than the time per cluster was applied
- fixed: bug introduced in 1.16.8 causing bad chapters with file splitting
- fixed: matroska files with neither Cues nor index entries for Clusters in Metaseek were not read (in other words: idiotic files)
- fixed: a random DTS sync header within the 1st 32kB of a file could screw up file type detection. The chance
that this happened was less than 1:10000, but it happened :o
- Version 1.16.8
- can import and export XML chapter files (e.g. for usage in MKVMerge)
- added low-overhead-muxing for MP3-VBR streams in AVI files (incompatible to some editting applications! File splitting will be impaired!)
- added low-overhead-muxing for DTS (should not impair file splitting)
- can write 64 bit floats to matroska files.
- can handle file titles for AVI files (like SegmentTitle for MKV)
- improved joining to avoid causing a longer video frame at the joining point for MKV source files
- fixed: could not read 64/80 bit floats in Matroska files
- fixed: could not read Matroska files with more than one Tag per Target
- fixed: did not import chapters from MKA files
- hopefully fixed: wrote bad CodecID when remuxing Flac/RealAudio-in-MKA (i don't have RealAudio files. Please test)
- fixed: Wrote BitDepth value of 0 for unknown BitDepths (oops)
- fixed: RIFF Tree hung when parsing files containing empty movi-Lists
- fixed: reading of AVI files muxed with VirtualDubMod 22.214.171.124 with rec lists failed.
- fixed: could not read streams from matroska files with 2 or more blocks with negative timecode in a sequence
- Version 1.16.7
- better handling for AVI files with MP3 VBR audio where NanDub (or a similarly
b0rked app) tried to set a delay
- can join AAC,AC3,DTS files
- Extracting AAC from AVI/MKV was broken if the number of channels was >= 4
- XIPH lacing failed if the 2nd-last frame in a lace had a size of 255*x bytes (x natural).
This only could occur with AAC audio.
- couldn't change SBR setting for AAC-in-MKV sources
- loading nonfirst parts of linked files written with mkvmerge failed due to a bug
introduced in one of the former 1.16.x versions.
- temporarily disabled overlapped output. There is something wrong with it
- could not read files with empty but existing INFO list
- When trying to join MKV files containing Vorbis audio, a wrong CodecID was written
- Version 1.16.5
- Can extract AAC streams to ADTS-AAC files
- Can extract Vorbis streams from Matroska files to OGG/Vorbis
- Writes and reads default stream settings from and to AVI files (not supported by M$ AVI reader)
- tries to retrieve AVI stream delays in NanDub-like AVI files
- writes duration elements for the last block of each stream in matroska files
- high bitrate SBR AAC was written incorrectly to AVI.
Warning: Older versions
of AVI-Mux GUI will NOT read AVIs with AAC writting by this or later versions!
- fixed problem that some MP3 files were not recognised
- fixed bug that AVI files containing subtitle streams with long names couldn't be read
- fixed bug which could cause an infinite loop at the end when remuxing MKA files
- Version 1.16.4
- unbuffered read mode available to increase performance
- changing the order of subsitles and audio streams works again, and is kept when saving a configuration
- added support for MPEG2 Layer3 VBR audio, so that it can be written to AVI files correctly.
- bug added in 1.16.3 causing mkv files with many subtitles not to be read anymore
- I somewhen broke joining multiple AVI files with MP3 audio to MKV. This has been repaired...
- splitting files when muxing subtitles appearently got broken in 1.16.2. Fixed.
- could not read the stream name of AAC streams in AVI
- Version 1.16.3
- EBML-Tree extended a bit more
- Added possibility to write hybride AVI files with a small legacy block. Such files won't cause the terrible windows explorer to hang,
but the overhead is still as small as for normal Open-DML files. This mode is applied as default, if
you did not use AVI-Mux GUI before. Otherwise, set it manually.
- partially fixed problems with OGG/Vorbis files using ordered codebooks. Reading still fails if the last codebook of the initialization packet is ordered!
- Audio/Subtitle - Tree uses UTF-16: Now stream names like Русский can be displayed.
- When muxing MKV files, the delay was interpreted as microseconds, instead of milliseconds
- Some unsigned int EBML elements were not written in the intended order (files were nethertheless completely Matroska compliant)
- SRT files containing lines consisting of only one character were not handled correctly
- proper progress bar when remuxing MKA files
- now refuses to join MKV files with incompatible video properties
- Version 1.16.2
- new (MKV)
- When muxing from AVI to MKV with 1.16 / 1.16.1, references were screwed up. Fortunately, those files did not work anyway...
- Version 1.16.1
- new (MKV)
- Should now correctly join MKV files having been created by mkvmerge using 'link files' - setting
- saves script files as UTF-8
- can auto-save protocol files
- did not correctly store non-ansi stream names to script files
- Version 1.16
- new (MKV)
- more flexible settings for Cues
- Timecode scale values can be adjusted
- writes CRC32 values
- can lace video (hack! Read the output setting page before using that!)
- can write audio-only matroska files (*.mka)
- Bitrates are written using the new matroska tagging system
- fixed some bad behaviour of the stream name and language edit fields
- Vorbis audio won't run off sync any longer if you stop and restart muxing
- older ones
Note: The source code for the crc check of Mode 2 Form 2 - source files was taken from the
source code of the Mode2CDMaker.
AVI-Mux GUI is released under the terms of the GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE.
Click here to email me.
I will read every email, but please understand that I'm not a hotline :-)